Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I'll admit, I’m terrible at organizing my growing collection of recipes.  They are either in a pile on the kitchen table/counter or in this basket on top of the fridge.


Michael often teases me that I’m great at finding recipes of food I want to make, but I never make him anything.  Mmmhmm…he truly is  a starving boy. 
So when the moment came when I needed to make that soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookie I made a while back, do you think I could find that recipe again?  Of course not.  So, back to the drawing board (searching the internet) and search for yet another recipe to add to my ever growing collection.  

 
While the I’m mixing all the ingredients together and the kitchenaid is working it’s magic, I say a little prayer that these cookies will not fail me and scold myself for not being more organized in the kitchen. 

So how did these cookies turn out?  No complaints from the pups or the guy.  The recipe delivered as the reviews promised and I had moist, chewy oatmeal cookies to take along for the family vacation.  
I suppose, one can never have too many oatmeal raisin cookies in her collection, now can she? 

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1 cup unsalted butter, softened (room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

3 cups oats (not instant)
1.5 cups raisins

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° 
Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.  Set aside.  
Combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar together at low speed with mixer.  Add eggs, one at a time. 
Cream ingredients together by beating at high speed until fluffy and the colour lightens.
Stir flour mixture into the creamed mixture.  Becareful to not over mix, as this develops gluten, making a tough cookie.
Add oats and raisins, stirring to incorporate.
Drop 2 tbsps of dough per cookie onto bakign sheet lined with parchment or silpat. 
Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden. 
Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.  

Recipe source:   Food.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment