Monday, December 12, 2011

this weekend...


this weekend...I baked to my hearts content.  Christmas cookies, truffles and fudge. 

I listened to Christmas music


I decorated the tree.


I did not start my Christmas shopping as I had intended.  Why is it that I start this later and later every year?  I know there's only two weeks left, but for now, I'll just sit by my tree and enjoy one of these little gems. 


Here's the recipe...

Snowballs
adapted from in the little red house
3/4 cup butter, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp water
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Powdered sugar, for dusting

  1. Cream butter, vanilla, water, sugar and salt.  Add flour and mix well. 
  2. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
  3. Form into 1" balls.
  4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
  5. Cool for a few minutes.
  6. Roll in powdered sugar or sprinkle on top while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment